SLX FC-M7120 1x Crank Arms
Shimano’s M7120 Crank Arms delivers the SLX group’s 12speed drivetrain in a wider Q-factor for better downhill stability when you’re landing drops and ripping through the trees. With improved functionality and a whole host of technology gained from XT and XTR, Shimano has closed the gap between SLX and Shimano's pricier groupsets, bringing consistent chain retention and lighter design to a broader audience. With the dawn of 12speed for SLX, Shimano changed from spider-based chainrings to direct-mount for simplified chainring swaps and the ability to run a smaller front ring.
While Shimano made major changes to the crank when it comes to chainrings, one thing we're glad hasn't gone by the wayside is the overall construction of SLX. Still utilizing Hollowtech technology, Shimano manages to create stronger crank arms than most solid versions with this design, which is constructed with forged aluminum arranged around a hollow center. This strategic use of material shaves weight while still equipping the crankarms to be bashed over successive hits without complaint and to transfer power as you work hard to turn them over. It's a fitting construction for today's breed of incredibly capable trail and enduro frames.
The M7120 Crank Arms pair with Shimano's SLX SM-CRM75 Direct-Mount Chainring, and Shimano bottom bracket, available separately.
- Shimano’s SLX crank arm in a wider Q-factor for greater downhill stability
- Hollowtech II construction is strong, light, and reliable
- Cold-forged aluminum is tough, durable and light weight
- 12-speed compatibility for pairing with Shimano's newest groups
- 178mm Q-factor better suited to trail and enduro riding
- Pairs with Shimano direct-mount chainrings and bottom brackets