SB140 Turq 29in Mountain Bike Frame
Style & Size:
Why We Like The Yeti SB140 Turq 29in Mountain Bike Frame
The SB140 Turq 29in Mountain Bike Frame is one of our favorite platforms for building out an efficient mid-travel trail bike. 140mm of rear travel is the perfect amount to offer a plush descending feel that's capable of double-black diamond trails, and it's still very supportive on the climbs. Yeti's revised Switch Infinity link is strengthened throughout the suspension system to provide a solid feel on the trail and it's easier to maintain. Rolling on 29in wheels, the SB140 rolls over square-edge hits with ease and welcomes long rides in technical terrain. Yeti recommends either a 150mm or 160mm travel fork depending on rider preference. In the 160mm configuration, the head tube angle sits at a balanced 65 degrees for stability at speed and nimble steering characteristics in tight spaces. The steep seat tube angle is 77 degrees which helps us keep our weight over the front wheel for a poised climbing position.
The TURQ carbon frame construction is Yeti's lightest carbon layup, and we find it gives this bike a super lively feel on the trail. The Fox Factory Float X shock provides top-tier performance characteristics and tons of adjustment to help us adapt to varied trail conditions. We love to see SRAM's Universal Derailleur hanger on this frame because it makes the process of finding replacement derailleur hangers much easier. The SB140's bottom bracket is threaded for longer maintenance intervals and the downtube protector offers enhanced frame coverage.
- Mid-travel trail frame is ready for epic rides and local loops
- 140mm of Switch Infinity travel climbs efficiently and crushes descents
- Uses fast-rolling 29in wheels for enhanced rollover capabilities
- 65-degree or 65.4-degree head tube angle is balanced
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes it easier to find replacement hangers
- 12 x 148mm Boost rear hub spacing accommodates most modern wheels
- Stock rear brake rotor compatibility is 180mm
- Threaded bottom bracket compatibility supplies longer maintenance intervals
- Item #YTIR1HE