Why We Like The Yeti SB120 Turq Mountain Bike Frame
Whether we're building a short-travel trail bike, downcountry steed, or even a beefed up XC race rig, the SB120 Turq Mountain Bike Frame is a great place to start. It runs on 120mm of efficient Switch Infinity travel to handle chunky trail sections with ease while remaining plenty supportive for the longest climbs. Yeti revised their Switch Infinity link to strengthen it throughout for added support, and it's also easier to maintain. The SB120 is designed to use fast-rolling 29in wheels which make it easier to navigate awkward rock steps and off-camber root sections. Yeti recommends 130mm of fork travel for an efficient feel, but it's also compatible with up to 140mm of fork travel if riders want to beef up the descending capability.
Yeti's TURQ carbon layup is their lightest frame construction, with a stiff feel that's also super lightweight for fast acceleration. The Fox Factory Float DPS shock is the top-tier option in its line, providing a supple feel and loads of adjustments for fine-tuning. The steep 76.5-degree seat tube angle provides an efficient climbing position for long days in the saddle. The SB120 features a revised downtube protector for enhanced coverage and a threaded bottom bracket for longer maintenance intervals.
- Short-travel 29er frame is ready for big days in the high alpine
- 120mm of Switch Infinity travel generates grippy rear wheel traction
- Built for fast rolling 29in wheels which enhance rollover capabilities
- 66.5-degree head tube angle delivers responsive steering
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes finding replacement hangers a breeze
- Threaded bottom bracket compatibility for longer maintenance intervals
- 12 x 148mm Boost rear hub spacing accommodates most modern wheels
- Stock rear brake configuration for 180mm rotors
- Item #YTIR1G8