Why We Like The Jena Rival Gravel Bike
After nearly 60 miles of rolling, gravely hills, we like to park it under a tree with some snacks and admire the workhorse that took us so far out there into the trees and mountains: Wilier's Jena Rival Gravel Bike. This bike is more than just a sophisticated ride. It offers freedom, possibilities, and power, and it does so with expert prowess.
Wilier built the Jena with adventure and exploration in mind. The idea is to have a bike that can do it all, from hardpack gravel to swerving singletrack. It's constructed from high modulus carbon fiber for strength and lightness, and its SRAM Rival 1x drivetrain delivers the efficiency we love to see when we're weighed down with gear for bikepacking. The Jena is light and responsive with easy handling and racing-comfort geometry that adapts to multiple uses.
With a more open angle, the head tube ensures riding quality and stability over the choppiest climbs and descents. In turn, the rear triangle is made to have a distinct response to vertical stress by absorbing vibrations over sketchy surfaces. For those times when we're riding roads, we benefit from the downtube's aerodynamic advantages. It should also be noted that this bike is compatible with flat mount disc brakes only.
- A inspirational gravel grinder that adapts to multiple uses
- Carbon fiber construction is lightweight and uber strong
- Light, reactive, and easy to handle with racing-comfort geometries
- Aerodynamic downtube is ideal for when we hit up paved roads
- The head tube ensures riding quality and stability on difficult tracks
- Rear triangle responds to vertical stress and absorbs vibrations
- Flat mount disc brake compatibility with a 160mm rotor diameter