Quite possibly the last seatpost you ever buy.
All of the virtues of the Elite, but every surface gets even greater machining to shave away additional grams. 158g with all of the outstanding strength and security of aluminum. Comes with a velvety bag suitable for a slender bottle of booze. Comes in 27.2, 30.9 or 31.6mm diameters in various lengths. 16mm of setback.
- Infinite tilt adjustment from minus 5 degrees to plus 29 degrees
- Every component is 100% American made
- Swivel nuts rest below clamps for a super-low profile
- Impact-absorbing clamps, head, and assembly disperse vibration so you don’t destroy your seat rails
- -5 degrees to +29 degrees tilt
- Made in USA
- Impact-absorbing clamps, head, and assembly
View more Rigid Seatposts
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This post is the bomb. Super light weight and has the brand behind it. You can't beat a Thomson Masterpiece post if you're trying to make your bike a one of a kind. People will become jealous and point it out.
GOAT IS GOOD
Chasing grams, I had a famous maker carbon post on this rig and broke the rules attaching a seatpack for bikepacking. Short story—carbon post failed—I heard it crack and then examined it and broke it off by hand. Enter, the tried and trusted Thomson. Not the lightest, certainly not the heaviest. You know what they say—Strong, Light weight, Low Price; pick two… This is strong and pretty light. I’ve got Thomson posts on some of my other bikes (road and mountain)—forgot how great they are—probably because they just work. Easy adjustment for the seat to dial it in perfect. Then set it and forget it…holds the rails of the seat like a vise. No worries about shards of carbon piercing the nether regions with a Thomson post.
Beautiful and light.
looked great, however I didn't try it because it didn't fit. Sent it back.