Why We Like The Arbitrator MIPS Helmet
So you've finally made it out on the mountain bike trip of a lifetime, ripping hot laps at the bike park one day and then heading out on an epic trail ride in the mountains the next. With the Sweet Protection Arbitrator MIPS Helmet you only need one helmet for all your riding adventures thanks to a removable chin bar that converts the helmet from a downhill-certified full face into a lightweight and breathable open face trail helmet.
Whether you're using the helmet in full-face downhill mode or open-face trail mode, the Arbitrator MIPS uses two different retention systems to ensure a proper fit for each. The helmet is well-ventilated with large intake and exhaust ports as well as a Superficial Temporal Artery Cooling Channel that cools the temporal artery without sacrificing protection for your temples. The 4-piece shell is constructed from a mix of carbon fiber and polycarbonate for an impressive strength-to-weight ratio, and features an EPS liner to cushion the force of high- and low-speed impacts. The helmet also features a MIPS rotational impact protection system to mitigate the harmful effects of rotational and shearing forces that can happen in certain types of crashes.
- DH-certified full face that converts to a lightweight trail helmet
- Removable chin bar lets you switch between downhill and trail modes
- 4-piece carbon and PC shell is both lightweight and strong
- ZYTEL internal frame increases the impact resistance
- MIPS technology mitigates harmful rotational impact force
- STACC ventilation actively cools the temporal artery
- Occigrip turndial makes it easy to find the ideal fit
- Adjustable visor, washable moisture-wicking comfort pads
- Item #SET003O
- Full Face
- yes, removable chin bar
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older, SGS EN 1078, ASTM 1952
- Fit Adjustment
- Occigrip Turndial, Comfort Pads
- large intake and exhaust ports, Superficial Temporal Artery Cooling Channel, Digitally Optimized Venting
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
- Claimed Weight
- [small/medium] 2lb 4.2oz
- Shell Material
- carbon fiber, polycarbonate, ZYTEL
1 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
January 17, 2023
- I've put it through the wringer
I purchased this helmet after having sweet protection whitewater helmets that I liked a lot. This helmet has not been great. in fact it is probably the worst helmet I have ever used as far as quality. the design is fine. it fits like you would expect a full face helmet to fit. I purchased directly through the sweet protection website, which took nearly a month to ship. after 4 rides in about a month the entire harness of the helmet was coming apart at the plastic joints and at the adhesive bonds. Sweet replaced the helmet for me. The shipping took another month, and after 3 rides the replacement helmet fell apart in the same ways. At this point, Sweet is refusing to refund my purchase. I would not recommend this helmet to anyone, and If you decide to role the dice I would definitely not recommend purchasing from Sweet Protection directly.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help