Why We Like The XX1 Eagle DUB SL Crankset
Weighing a paltry 422 grams, the SRAM XX1 Eagle DUB SL Boost Crankset is one of the lightest cranks available on the market, lending itself to professional racers and discerning cross-country riders shaving weight from their Eagle 12-speed drivetrain. You'll find it's approximately 43 grams lighter than previous XX1 Eagle Cranksets with its new spindle diameter and Carbon Tuned crank arms (80 grams less with DUB bottom bracket), which is a big deal when you're counting every last gram that goes on your cross-country race bike. Additionally, it retains the quiet, mud-shedding performance of the X-Sync 2 chainring, plus the ability to retain your chain without a guide. This particular version is made for the 12 x 148-millimeter rear axle found on modern bikes with Boost spacing.
Not only is the XX1 Eagle DUB SL Crankset lighter than ever, but it's more durable with its newly introduced 28.99-millimeter spindle diameter, versus the previous 30 and 24-millimeter spindles used by SRAM. SRAM termed this new standard as DUB, which stands for Durable Unified Bottom Bracket, seeing it's compatible with virtually any bottom bracket standard on the market—whether your frame's using a threaded, Press Fit, BB30, or PF30 bottom bracket.
Upon introducing this 28.99-millimeter spindle diameter, SRAM aimed to improve bearing longevity and seal out moisture, then designed the spindle diameter to meet these needs, meaning it's ready for riding and racing in the wettest, nastiest conditions of the year. This lead SRAM to engineer a new crankset that's every bit as stiff as those with 30-millimeter spindles, but one that provides the increased bearing life of 24-millimeter spindles. It's really a simple concept and one that elevates SRAM's Eagle DUB Cranksets to the top of the market, thanks to an optimal mix of ultra-light efficiency, stiff pedaling, and robust durability across all twelve gears.
- The lightest XX1 crankset ever produced by SRAM
- Works with major BBs: BSA/threaded, Press Fit, BB30, PF30
- DUB 28.99mm spindle diameter for durability and low weight
- Bearing life of 24mm systems, stiff & light like 30mm systems
- Carbon tuned crank arms are lightweight and ultra-stiff
- X-Sync 2 chainring is quiet and retains your chain
- Pairs with Eagle 12-speed drivetrain components
- Made for Boost 12 x 148mm rear axle spacing
- Item #SRM00CY
- Arm Material
- carbon composite with hollow core
- Arm Length
- 170mm, 175mm
- Chainring Sizes
- 34 t
- BB Type
- BSA/Threaded/English, Press Fit, BB30, PF30
- 28.99mm diameter
- Q Factor
- Compatible Components
- SRAM DUB bottom brackets, Eagle 12-speed drivetrain components (e.g. chain, cassette, derailleur, etc...)
- Claimed Weight
- [175mm, 32t] 14.9oz (422g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.