Why We Like The X01 Eagle AXS 12-Speed Rear Derailleur
The SRAM X01 Eagle AXS 12-Speed Rear Derailleur is an all-new derailleur that’s specifically designed and optimized to be motor-driven instead of cable-actuated, and can be customized and scaled to an individual rider’s liking via the AXS App. Compared to the XC-focused XX1 AXS derailleur, XO1 is designed for the enduro and trail riding segments thanks to the strength provided by the forged aluminum cage. It features a shorter cage for 10mm more ground clearance than mechanical Eagle derailleurs, with more chain wrap on the cassette to sit slightly further forward and further inboard from mechanical Eagle, all of which gives you more clearance against rock strikes. The Eagle AXS derailleur is also smart enough to protect itself thanks to its innovative and resilient Overload Clutch. In the event of an impact, the motor gearbox disengages, giving the derailleur freedom to move, and instantly returns back to its position while avoiding damage to the internal motor. The system is tested to the IP69K water and dust proofing standard for creek crossings, mud splatterings, and the resulting post-ride pressure washings.
An ever-critical question with electronic groupsets is battery life. All day epics packed with steep climbs and rowdy descents mean a whole lot of shifting, and can be trying on a battery, but SRAM is confident that the derailleur can run for 25+ hours from a single charge. The battery is removable, so you don’t have to bring your steed into your living room to plug it in, you can simply pop the battery off of the back, and bring it in to be charged easily with a USB device. AXS battery sold separately. SRAM’s AXS battery remains the same from its derailleur to RockShox Reverb AXS dropper post, so if you’re sporting both on your bike you can swap the batteries around, should one run out of juice before the other. In the front, the shifter runs off of a single watch battery, and claims to have over a year of life from a single battery, keeping maintenance low.
- Enduro and trail focused derailleur for Eagle AXS drivetrains
- Enjoy precise, silent, and reliable shifting performance
- Forged aluminum construction with stainless steel hardware
- Overload clutch protects the internal motor from impacts
- System is water and dust proof for reliability on the trail
- Can be easily programmed and personalized by the AXS app
- 10mm more ground clearance than mechanical Eagle derailleurs
- Features more chainwrap and sits further inboard than mechanical Eagle
- Item #SRMD11G
- [cage] forged aluminum, [bearings] steel, [hardware] stainless steel
- 50t, 52t
- Cassette Range
- [50t] 10 - 50t, [52t] 10 - 52t
- SRAM Eagle AXS shifters (controller), SRAM X-DOME Eagle cassettes
- 1 battery cover, 1 B gap adjustment tool
- Claimed Weight
- 12.9oz (365g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
- mountain biking
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help