X-Sync 2 SL Direct Mount Chainring
Some riders are, well, let's just say, clunky. Maybe a little careless about weights, svelte shapes, and a sleek drivetrain. But that's not you — instead, you prefer to keep things streamlined, and drop grams wherever possible, which makes SRAM's X-Sync 2 SL Direct Mount Boost Chainring an asset to your drivetrain. The X-Sync 2 SL offers the same gains that you'd receive from the standard version, like impeccable tooth engagement, chain retention, and strength, but with the additional benefit of weight savings from 8-to-10-grams, thanks to some keen attention to detailing, and stunning CNC milling work that removes all excess material from the ring. Just like we saw on the original, the X-Sync 2 SL features CNC machined teeth that perfectly pair with both the chain's inner and outer links thanks to its variable thickness from tooth-to-tooth, locking the chainring to the chain for a quiet ride, and phenomenal retention.
Quiet, smooth shifting and stellar chain retention aren't the only benefits of the X-Sync 2 tooth profile. The design promotes long wear life and sheds mud and grit easily, and features specific edge shaping to prevent chain suck over time. It also maintains backwards compatibility with SRAM 11-speed mountain drivetrains, and the direct-mount interface makes installation simple. This version uses a 3mm offset for Boost chainlines (12 x 148mm rear hub spacing).
- SRAM's lightest ring drops weight to slim up your Eagle groupset
- CNC milling sheds 8-10g compared to non-SL chainrings
- Tooth profile delivers smooth shifting and quiet operation
- Design also has unwavering chain retention and long wear life
- Direct-mount interface simplifies installation and ring swaps
- 3mm offset for Boost chainlines, bikes with 12 x 148mm spacing
- Recommended for cross country and trail use