Looks as advanced as it is.
In its standard matte black finish, the Six Six One Evo AM Tres Helmet is a sweet piece. Throw in MIPS and an original, eye-grabbing paint job, and you get the Six Six One Evo AM Tres with MIPS Helmet, a next-generation trail helmet that looks as advanced as it is.
The MIPS feature adds a bit to the price of the standard Evo AM helmet, but we think it's money well spent. MIPS is essentially a semi-floating inner shell that allows the helmet to travel upon impact without taking the head along for the ride, dramatically reducing the impact forces to the brain in the event of a crash, without compromising the helmet's weight, comfort, or style. The Evo's modern-looking shell is built from Contego foam, which was chosen for its energy-absorbing properties. Specifically, it’s claimed to absorb as much as 30% more energy from an impact than the EPS foams used in almost every other certified bicycle helmet. While that may be the most important detail, more subtle refinements, such as the two-position adjustable visor and the user-friendly Boa retention system, mean that you don’t have to forgo modern features in the pursuit of protection. And it’s topped off with a Fidlock magnetic buckle that takes pretty much all the effort out of strapping on your lid, despite the fact that it’s completely secure.
- All-mountain protection for your thinking muscle
- MIPS diffuses oblique impacts to reduce brain deformation
- Contego foam for 30% more impact absorption than EPS
- BOA dial retention system with magnetically buckling strap
- Adjustable visor for rain and sun protection
View more Mountain Helmets
|US Shoe Size||6-8||8-10||10-12|
|Open-Face Helmets/Hats (Recon)|
|Full-Face Helmets (Evo,Evo Carbon)|
|Elbow Pads (Rage, Riot, Rhythm, Comp, DJ)|
|Knee Pads (Evo, Rage, Rampage, Riot, Rhythm, Comp, DJ)|
|Body Armor (Pressure Suits, Core Saver, Air Vest)|
(73.7 - 81.3cm)
(88.9 - 101.6cm)
(104.1 - 116.8cm)
(121.9 - 127.0cm)
(58.4 - 68.6cm)
(68.6 - 78.7cm)
(78.7 - 88.9cm)
(106.7 - 111.8cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your thigh above your knee.
- Measure around the fullest part of your calf.
- Measure around the fullest part of your bicep above your elbow.
- Measure around the fullest part of your forearm below your elbow.
- Head Circumference:
- Measure around your head where your hat would fit comfortably.
- Measure around your hand at the widest point excluding the thumb.
Reviews & Community
Comfortable and Cool
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Great helmet. Super comfortable, light and plenty of air flow when riding on hot days. I haven't landed on my head yet but if I do this helmet feels solid. The adjustment cinched down nicely and makes it snug and comfortable. The visor is a little high and doesn't block as much sun unless I pull the helmet forward but it's really not a big deal. It's fairly light and easy to wear for periods of time.