ZEE RD-M640 Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur
Significantly reduce chain noise and stabilize drivetrain slap with Shimano's short-cage ZEE RD-M640 Shadow Plus 10-speed Rear Derailleur. Developed for gravity riders who prioritize value as high as performance, the sub-hundred dollar ZEE RD-M640 shares Shimano's clutch technology and dimensions with the Saint line, yet favors less expensive materials to keep the price reasonable.
All of Shimano's clutched derailleurs have an on and off mode, which is activated by the small gold switch on the knuckle. In off mode, swinging the derailleur out of the way for wheel removal is much easier. There are two versions of Shimano's ZEE RD-M640 Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur: a Downhill (DH) for 28t-max cassettes, and a Freeride (FR) for up to 36t-max cassettes.
- Rear derailleur for 10-speed gravity mountain bikes
- Short-cage accommodates up to a 36-tooth cog in free-ride
- Quieter drive train and chain stability with Shadow RD+
- Low profile design tucks up to avoid close calls on trail
- Compatible with 10-speed Shimano mountain shifters
- Item #SHI002H
- aluminum, steel
- Cassette Range
- [freeride] 11-32t (36t maximum), [dh] 11-28t (28t maximum)
- HG-X 10-speed chain, 36t cassette (maximum), Shimano 10-sp mountain shifters
- Claimed Weight
- 9.7oz (275g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help