Item # RCF003D
Race Face Next SL G4 Crank Arms - Fat Bike $407.99
Lighter and stiffer than ever.
Prioritizing weight savings and pedaling efficiency above all else, the Race Face Next SL G4 Fat Bike Crank Arms are some of the lightest and stiffest crank arms on the planet. This particular Next SL G4 Crank is intended for fat bikes, available with a 30-millimeter spindle for either 170 or 190-millimeter rear hub spacing.
Race Face didn't leave itself much room for improvement when it introduced its top-of-the-line Next SL last year, so for the most part, the brand let the effective design of the Next SL stand relatively unchanged. It continues to trust the same hollow carbon arm construction, reshaping the slim arms only slightly to integrate with the redesigned Next Direct Mount chainrings. This process ended up shaving six claimed grams per arm from last year's weight.
Anticipating the demands of one-by setups, Race Face also improved the system's lateral stiffness so it can better withstand the chain tension at acute angles that it's likely to experience regularly. It did this by using Super Alloy, a metal that boasts up to a 20% increase in strength compared to the venerable 7050 aluminum, in the spline interface. To offset the weight that this could've added to the setup, it then drilled out the end of the 30mm spindle, removing unnecessary material and saving four more claimed grams in the process.
As with the Next SL, the G4 continues to use Race Face's innovative Cinch system, allowing you to switch between one-by direct-mount chainrings or use a removable spider to run a double or triple setup if you swap bikes or change your mind.
- Race Face's lightest crank arms with improved stiffness
- Intended for fat bikes with 170 or 190mm rear spacing
- Hollow carbon arms for lateral stiffness and low weight
- Improved lateral stiffness to withstand chain tension
- Super Alloy spindle is 20% stronger than 7050 alloy
- Compatible with Cinch direct-mount chainrings (separate)
- Run as double/triple set-up with removable spider (separate)
- Bottom bracket not included