Gird your hooves.
Many of us feel that shredding trails is just more fun than turning the cranks on tarmac, but that doesn't mean we're taking it easy. That's why Pearl Izumi builds the P.R.O. Barrier WxB MTB Shoe Cover with the same all-over stretch fit and anti-weather material as the road version. The only difference between the two is that the mountain-specific model features scuff guards on the toes larger cutouts in the KEVLAR soles in order to accommodate mountain shoe lugs. The latter are especially welcome on the kinds of wet, sloppy days when the P.R.O. Barrier WxB fabric's weather-resistance and insulating fleece lining aren't luxuries, they're necessities.
- A mountain bike shoe cover for wet, sloppy days
- Weather-resistant material and insulating fleece lining
- Soles accommodate mountain bike shoe lugs
- Toe scuff guards protect against trail furniture
- Two-stage hook-and-loop closure seals out the elements
View more Shoes Covers
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
Reviews & Community
Great Road Shoe Cover
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Medium
My wife wears a women's size 10 shoe, we got her a medium pair, and they fit, but are very tight. Warmth wise they are great. Went on a 3 hour ride last week in 40 degree mist/rain and her feet were warm the whole ride. Aside from warmth, the upper fabric seems better suited for the road rider, not a mtb rider. Easy to imagine the upper fabric tearing on a branch or thorn, they don't feel as durable as the softshell shoe covers that pearl izumi makes.