Many mountain bike shoes are great for race day, but often suffer from poor flexibility and uninspiring grip when you need to dismount over technical sections of trail. Designed to emulate the look and feel of athletic sneakers, the Mavic Men's XA Pro Mountain Bike Shoe ensures steadfast grip and flexibility when difficult terrain requires you to scope out your line before plunging in.
The XA Pro Mountain Bike Shoe is an entirely different experience for riders coming from a more traditional pair of mountain bike shoes. We'd chalk this up to Mavic's Energy Grip Trail + sole, which manages to remain flexible and insanely grippy, but still retains all the power you need on all-day epics with thousands of feet of climbing and descending. Mavic achieves this balance of all-out grip and efficiency with its Contagrip rubber tread combined with a carbon composite internal plate. This means the shoe remains flexible and grippy along the perimeter lugs, but still places power down under the ball of your foot while pedaling.
Besides being balancing grip with pedaling efficiency, the XA Pro Mountain Bike Shoe offers the superb fit you'd find with far more expensive shoes. Mavic's Ergo Dial QR tightens the uppers with micro-adjustable precision to eliminate excess slop and pressure points from fatiguing your riding experience. This micro-adjustable closure system sits alongside a more traditional ankle strap for additional support and security while riding hard.
- Sneaker-inspired trail shoes with grip and flexibility
- Energy Grip Trail+ sole excels over hike-a-bike sections
- Contagrip rubber tread is ultra-grippy, even in the wet
- Carbon composite internal plate for pedaling efficiency
- Ergo Dial QR provides a secure, micro-adjustable fit
- Ankle strap adds stability and prevents heel lift
- EVA midsole for vibration damping underfoot