MT8 Pro Disc Brake
Magura's MT8 Pro Disc Brake offers the same level of performance as their high-end MT8 SL, but omits the carbon lever blade in favor of their one-finger operation HC aluminum lever. So while there is a 25g weight penalty per brake, the MT8 Pro's are still impressively light at 225g and you'll still enjoy the same surgically-precise modulation, formidable stopping power, and tool-free reach adjustment that gives you full control over your speed out on the trail. And with Magura's bombproof construction backed by a 5-year warranty, you can charge ahead with confidence knowing these brakes have your back when the trail gets steep and technical.
Magura recommends the MT8 Pro for XC and all-mountain use and gives them the stamp of approval for both aggressive trail riding and racing. The stopping power is strong enough that Magura says they can even be used on e-bikes, despite the extra weight of the e-bike chassis, motor, and battery. This makes sense considering Magura brakes are known for their high performance to weight ratio, as well as exceptional thermal resistance. This is accomplished with their lightweight Carbotecture SL lever body that equals the strength of aluminum but at 50% lower weight, as well as their large radially-mounted master cylinder and lever pivots positioned closer to the bar. This provides increased leverage for more power, and the sensitivity needed for precise modulation.
The calipers are one-piece forged aluminum for reliability, durability, and heat displacement. A banjo bolt allows an optimal angle of the hose to the caliper so installation on bikes with internal routing isn't a headache. The bleed plug is reinforced and the brake pads are top-loading and held in place with the magnetiXchange brake pistons so they are super easy to swap out when the time comes. The system comes pre-bled, so all you have to do is mount it up and hit the trail. Though when the time does come for a bleed, they are easy and fast thanks to Magura's Easy Bleed Technology. Please note that the brakes are sold separately, so you will need to purchase two for a full setup. The levers can be flipped, so there is no left or right specifically, as it is the same lever for both. Rotors and brake adapters are sold separately.
- An MTB disc brake with impressive power, modulation, and low weight
- CarboTecture SL lever body is 50% lighter but equally as strong as aluminum
- Radial master cylinder increases leverage for better power & modulation
- Optimized lever pivots & ergonomic 1-finger lever give you more control
- One-piece forged aluminum calipers for stiffness and durability
- MagneticXchange allows quick and easy pad replacement
- Easy Bleed Technology for fast and simple bleeding
- Tool-free lever reach adjustment for easily dialing in lever position
- Item #MGR002V
- [lever body] Carbotecture SL, [lever blade] 1-Finger HC aluminum
- Lever Adjustability
- tool-less reach adjust
- once-piece forged aluminum, 2-piston
- Mount Type
- mineral oil
- not included
- Rotor Size
- 140 - 203mm depending on frame and brake adapter
- Claimed Weight
- 7.9oz (225g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
May 16, 2020