X-Track Race Carbon TI Pedals
Look Cycle is no stranger in the clipless pedal world, and while its road pedals receive almost universal acclaim, it's not quite as well known in the off-road world. It aims to change this with its X-Track Race Carbon TI Pedals, built to be dependable, lightweight, and perform in all conditions. These pedals are built using a durable, chromoly SPD-compatible mechanism that shrugs off rocks strikes and contact with roots while offering more space to shed mud and ice, providing consistent entry and release. This particular version is built using a carbon body and titanium spindle to shed grams for those who compete or want the lightest weight bike possible.
One area where Look sought to improve over current designs was in the efficiency department. Careful attention was placed on maximizing the weight to contact surface ratio allowing you to pour more watts into the pedals without a weight penalty. To do this, Look identified the pedal zones that handled the bulk of the forces, maximizing its surface area, while minimizing, and in this particular version, using exotic materials, to reduce the overall weight. The finished product, according to Look, is a pedal with the best power to weight ratio available.
This wide contact area not only improves power transmission, but it also prevents your foot from sliding off the pedal body, letting you get in a few pedal strokes if you botch your clip in off the start line. Helping to guide your foot into place are lateral contact supports providing you with a point of contact when not clipped in, ideal for cyclocross situations before or after the barriers.
To improve foul weather durability, its spindle has a weather-resistant double seal keeping the elements from reaching the bearings. Final details include an adjustment screw allowing for fine-tuning of the entry and release tension to your personal preference.
- Look's SDP compatible pedal packs an impressive power/weight ratio
- Carbon body drops grams and adds more surface area
- Titanium spindle further reduces weight
- Dual-sided entry makes it easy to locate the clip-in interface
- Mud-shedding design works great in 'cross conditions
- The included 6-degree float cleat is knee friendly
- Adjustable tension lets you fine-tune the entry and release
- Item #LCY001C
- [body] carbon, [spindle] titanium, [platform] chromoly steel
- Entry / Release
- [release angle] 13-degree
- 6 - 14Nm
- Spindle Diameter
- [platform area] 0.8sq in, [platform width] 2.4in, [Q factor] 53mm, [stack height with cleat] 16.8mm
- Claimed Weight
- [pair with cleats] 12oz (340g)
- cross-country, cyclocross, gravel, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
- 1 pair of pedals, 1 pair of cleats