Item # KRE000E
Kreitler Alloy 3.0 Rollers $549.95
Push through the winter doldrums.
For those of us living in frigid winter climates and areas susceptible to weeks of rain, it's nice to have a back-up plan for training when inclement conditions threaten to derail your ride. The Kreitler Alloy 3.0 Rollers keep your riding endurance on track when nasty weather moves in and relegates you to indoor training. Seeing they occupy the mid-range diameter in Kreitler's line of rollers, the Alloy 3.0 Rollers provide approximately 40 percent more resistance than larger 4.0 Rollers, yet they're not as brutally difficult to pedal as the smallest 2.25 Rollers.
This alloy roller system rolls smoothly without creating the racquet of its competitors, thanks to its ABEC 5 bearings and aluminum drums. These aluminum drums are constructed with a CNC lathe for near-perfect concentricity, so you can be sure they're ready to rack up countless miles of indoor training. It's built with alloy end caps that withstand greater friction levels, so you can use this with Kreitler's Killer Headwind Fan and Flywheel (both sold separately), if you'd like. These alloy end caps are heavier than the polycarbonate ones found on cheaper Challenger Rollers, maintaining greater momentum and lasting much longer.
- Premium alloy rollers for off-season training
- 3.0 Rollers offer higher resistance without being grueling
- Alloy drums roll smoothly without creating a noisy racket
- Alloy end caps carry more momentum than Challenger rollers
- Compatible with Kreitler's Killer Headwind Fan and Flywheel
- Powder-coated steel frame folds up for compact storage
- Accommodates bike wheelbases of 31.5 to 48 inches