Why We Like The Scamp MIPS Helmet
Half the fun of getting a new helmet as a kid is picking one out that looks really, really cool. Giro makes sure little ones will be able to find a helmet they get excited about wearing with the Scamp MIPS Helmet, including graphics worthy of your young adventurer with features that will keep them safe as they discover the world on two wheels.
To offer protection against impact, Giro uses the same In-Mold polycarbonate shell and EPS foam liner in the Scamp as in its adult helmets, and then adds new MIPS technology. MIPS, or Multi-Directional Impact Protection System, refers to a Swedish technology added to the helmet in the form of a thin inner layer that rotates upon impact to absorb the brain-damaging rotational energy created in certain crashes.
Giro adapts its Roc Loc fit adjustment system to the Scamp MIPS to make fit adjustments quick and easy. We can all remember tearfully getting our chins pinched at least once while rushing to buckle our helmet so we could go ride our bikes; thankfully, Giro developed a pinch-guard buckle to prevent it from happening to today's youth. A built-in visor and ponytail compatibility provide finishing touches to the Scamp's design, promising comfort for all little riders.
- A helmet both you and your kiddo can love
- In-Mold construction creates lightweight strength
- MIPS technology reduces rotational forces
- Roc Loc adjustment system customizes the fit
- Eight vents provide plenty of airflow for warm rides
- Pinch-guard buckle reduces pre-ride tears
- Ages 1 and older
- Item #GIR00AL
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 1 and Older (Extended Head Protection)
- Fit Adjustment
- Roc Loc Jr.
- 8 vents
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- Shell Material
- In-Mold (polycarbonate)