Kitted out and knitted out.
Engineers at Giro weren't about to let the runners blast past cyclists when it comes to knitted technology. Instead, they took the best parts, and weaved in some elevated cycling-specific tech to develop the first knitted shoes for exceptional performance on the road with the Giro Empire E70 Knit Shoe for Women. These knit kicks use Giro's newly developed Xnetic Knit technology, which is burlier and more abrasion resistant that most knit running shoes, and DWR treated to fight off the elements while you ride. To create some rigidity to the shoe, Giro's designers created a skeletal system that supports you where you need it, but allowing the knit to provide its supple stretch and next-level breathability for sock-like comfort.
While the DWR treatment on the shoe does wonders to fight off the rain and make for easy cleaning, stepping in puddles can be inevitable at times, so Giro backs up the E70 Knit Shoe with TPU on the heel and toe, shielding from the wet, and protecting from debris on the road. The sole is made from Easton's EC70 carbon fiber, stiff enough for the most rigorous riding, with quick power transfer and minimal flex under pressure. The soles are set up for 3-bolt road cleats, and come with sturdy steel hardware for long-lasting use.
- Knit kicks for putting down the power
- Xnetic knit technology elevates athletic knit technology
- Ultra-breathable and lightweight construction
- TPU skeletal system adds a supportive structure
- Clean with ease and shed water with DWR treatment
- Carbon fiber sole is stiff and responsive under pressure
- Molded EVA footbed provides medium arch support
- Replaceable heel pads prolong shoe's life