FR-C Pro 5cm Shorter Short
Whether for fit or for tan lines' consistency, the FR-C Pro 5cm Shorter
Short offers us a different inseam length with a bit less coverage than
the standard short. Just as its name suggests, the legs are 5cm, or
just around 2 inches in common parlance, shorter than the standard FR-C
short. Otherwise, you'll enjoy the same high-tech materials and
craftsmanship as the standard FR-C.
The shorts are constructed from HC-50 compressive Lycra on the front
and side panels, which surpasses the HC-44 with an increased thread
count from 44 to 50 threads per centimeter squared which helps in the
compression department. Benefits include increased blood flow and a
reduction in fatigue from road vibrations with increased muscle support.
Zaffiro 2.0, a textured anti-abrasion lyrca is utilized on the inner
leg and seat panel as it increases resistance from pedaling friction.
With materials up to date, it would be a shame to not modernize the
leg cuffs. Well, Giordana does and the 190 E bands expand a soft, a
non-restrictive compressive grip across the 7.5-centimeter-wide cuffs. A
silicone gripper is used to ensure those higher tan lines, if you
choose, are razor sharp.
Ametista Core Contour fabric wraps the waist and core incorporating
carbon threads for its anti-odor properties and reduction of
electro-static interference. Light rolled elastic at the front and rear
of the waist hem with soft silicone gripper elastic keep these shorts so
securely in place, without feeling like you are getting cut in half,
that you might never wear bibs again.
The Cirro OmniForm chamois is one of our favorites and it
incorporates aloe vera into the face fabric for natural anti-odor properties with a pleasant cooling feeling. Underneath the top layer is a
4mm-thick pad of waffled-texture expanding memory foam that rushes
moisture externally speeding up evaporation and limiting bacteria-prone
dampness. The final layer of the chamois is a thick section of hand-sewn
open cell padding with recessed channels for pressure relief.
- Quality road cycling shorts with a comfortable, supportive fit
- Shorter inseam 8.5in provides alternate fit option
- Fabrics combine compressive support with a lightweight, soft feel
- New leg bands are non-restrictive but still offer a secure hold
- Strategic Core Contour System paneling helps fight fatigue
- Abrasion-resistant Lycra on inner thighs and seat for durability
- Cirro OmniForm chamois offers all-day comfort in the saddle
- Ametista fabric at waist for added comfort and support
- Giordana is a family-owned company that makes their products in Italy