Why We Like The Tacx Flux S Smart Direct Drive Trainer
The Flux S Smart Direct Drive Trainer has all the capabilities most cyclists will require for off-season training. Its watts ceiling, simulated incline, and accuracy are lower than the more expensive models, but it reproduces nearly any conditions we could want. It tops off at 10% inclines, but real-world climbs like Alpe d'Huez do, too, so it's still more than enough to get the job done for most riders.
The Flux S also features all the functionality you'd expect from a smart trainer, including ANT+ and Bluetooth connectivity to apps ranging from Tacx to heavy hitters like Zwift, TrainerRoad, Sufferfest, and Strava. If you're not into the social or virtual training modes, the Flux S is smart enough to function in a vacuum. When used without a device and training app, the Flux S provides a progressive resistance curve to match the effort you're putting out and mimic the experience of riding on a flat road—no additional software or setup required.
- Indoor trainer that's both smart and accessible
- Resistance unit ranks among the industry's quietest
- Wirelessly connects to training apps or runs as a stand-alone unit
- Tracks speed, cadence, and power without additional sensors
- Progressive resistance mimics virtual routes or flat roads
- Simulates climbs up to 10% and watts up to 1,500
- Includes QR skewers only, thru-axle adapters sold separately
- Compatible with Shimano/SRAM cassettes from 9- to 11-speed (cassette not included)
- Item #GRMF05E
- metal, plastic
- ANT+, Bluetooth
- quick-release skewer, power cable
- [open] 26.4 x 25.3 x 18.1in
- Claimed Weight
- bike training
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.