Why We Like The Argo Tempo R5 Saddle
When you're on the bike for hours at a time, the last thing you should worry about is a painful posterior. Built for endurance road cycling, the Tempo Argo brings stability and pressure-relieving comfort to long, arduous rides thanks to its short-nose design and generous sit bone support. This model uses Fizik's R5 shell, a carbon-reinforced nylon, and alloy rails to balance performance and price-point.
While traditional saddle shapes require you to shift your position frequently for better leverage on changing gradients, the Argo puts you in more planted position for greater stability and better weight distribution. The padding around the sit bone area is slightly thicker than Fi'zi:k's racing saddles, which supports a more upright posture for improved comfort on long-distance rides. Should you choose to adopt a more aggressive forward-leaning position, the shorter length allows you to do so without placing undue pressure on sensitive tissues.
- Conquer endurance rides with this versatile short-nose saddle
- Short length lets you shift weight forward without discomfort
- Slightly thicker padding supports sit bones on longer rides
- Ergonomic cutout reduces pressure on soft tissues
- R5 shell uses carbon-reinforced nylon shell and alloy rails
- WingFlex adapts to the rider's inner leg movement
- Designed with feedback from industry experts, academics, and medical experts
- Item #FIZZ02Y
- S-Alloy (7 x 7mm)
- carbon reinforced nylon
- Type 2 foam
- Seat Length
- Seat Width
- 150mm, 160mm
- Claimed Weight
- [150mm] 8.5oz (241g), [160mm] 8.7oz (247g)
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
4 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 19, 2023
- I've put it through the wringer
I’m 6’2” and generally a big guy. Love this saddle. Put it on my road and mountain bike.
October 28, 2020
Wanted to like it
- I've used it several times
- 5' 9"
This seat was uncomfortable for me. I gave it 4 rides thinking it just needed to get broken in. My last try on it was only an hour ride and I couldn't wait to get off of it. My old saddle was a selle Italian gel flow which was comfortable but I sold it with my old bike and chose this saddle because it is lighter and advertised as being comfortable for long rides. I will be returning it and going back to the gel flow.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help