Extend Your Wardrobe.
The Gabba jersey is an amazing bit of kit and is perfect for the spring classics. The pros became spoiled after using it and they asked Castelli if they could create a jersey similar to the Gabba that would ideally be suited for slightly warmer conditions. We at Competitive Cyclist tend to pack light when we can because the last thing we want stuffed in our pockets is gear that we might not even use on the day. The alternative to packing it is wearing it and the thought of an unbreathable, flapping jacket is just about as annoying as not being prepared enough for the ride. If the conditions call for something a little lighter than the Gabba but we still need protection from the wind and rain, we reach for the Perfetto Light 2 jersey. Meaning perfect in Italian, this jersey is a lighter weight and more breathable option than the Gabba extending for comfort range in varying conditions.
Castelli's Gabba spawned many copycat designs from other manufactures and essentially created jerseys capable of offering protection from wind and rain without having to resort to a jacket. Riders in the professional peloton loves this versatility and the Perfetto jersey extends the amazing Windstopper technology to slightly warmer weather. The jersey is crafted with windproof and water-resistant Windstopper 150 material on the front, shoulders, and sleeves with a water-resistant Nano Light back. The Perfetto's Windstopper panels are 25% lighter than the Gabba's Windstopper X-Lite Plus aiding in extra breathability and the Nano Light on the back still sheds water but lacks a membrane keeping you from overheating. This jersey effectively covers those spring and fall days when all-over windproof protection is a tad overkill and we don't want to constantly put on or take off gear during the duration of the ride.
Castelli recommends the Perfetto for warm or damp weather between 50-68 degrees Fahrenheit, but, in our experience, the jersey can go into the 40s with a good base layer and arm warmers. If it is any colder or expected to rain, it's best to go with the Gabba in those conditions.
The Perfetto is the perfect training jersey when you need some extra motivation to go out and ride when the temps aren't too terrible but the chance of precipitation are likely. A big part of this versatility is, of course, that the Perfetto's water-resistant materials cause road spray and precipitation alike to bead up and slide off rather than soak through. Getting wet on a chilly day is often the real cause of feeling under dressed, so this one feature alone justifies adding the Perfetto to your cycling clothes quiver.
- Be prepared for spring and fall conditions with this capable jersey
- Form-fitting cut provides great fit on the bike
- Gore Windstopper 150 front blocks wind without bulk
- Nano Light back repels water and breathes exceptionally
- Extended tail limits road spray
- Rear reflective logo helps visibility in low light
- 3 rear pockets keep food, money, and gear close at hand
View more Men's Short Sleeve Road Bike Jerseys
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.