Item # CST00IB
Castelli Perfetto Light 2 Short-Sleeve Jersey - Men's $149.95
Extend your wardrobe.
The Gabba jersey is an amazing bit of kit and is perfect for the spring classics—so much so that the pros became spoiled after using it and they asked Castelli if they could create a jersey similar to the Gabba that would ideally be suited for slightly warmer conditions. If the conditions call for something a little lighter than the Gabba but still warrant protection from wind and rain, the pros can now reach for the Perfetto Light 2 jersey. Meaning perfect in Italian, this jersey is a lighter weight and more breathable option than the Gabba, extending the comfort range in varying conditions while still offering the option to layer as temperatures drop.
The Perfetto is the—ahem—perfect training jersey when you need some extra motivation to go out and ride when the temps aren't too terrible but the chance of precipitation is likely. A big part of this versatility is, of course, that the Perfetto's water-resistant materials cause road spray and precipitation alike to bead up and slide off rather than soak through. Getting wet on a chilly day is often the real cause of feeling underdressed, so this one feature alone justifies adding the Perfetto to your cycling clothes quiver.
The jersey is crafted with windproof and water-resistant Windstopper 150 material on the front, shoulders, and sleeves, with a water-resistant Nano Light back. The Perfetto's Windstopper panels are 25% lighter than the Gabba's Windstopper X-Lite Plus, so it does better at higher temperatures and in less extreme conditions. The Nano Light panels on the back still shed water but omit a membrane altogether, facilitating moisture and internal temperature management to keep you from overheating and being stuck in a clammy chill after an intense effort. This jersey effectively covers those spring and fall days when all-over windproof protection is a tad overkill and we don't want to constantly put on or take off gear during the duration of the ride.
Castelli recommends the Perfetto for warm or damp weather between 50-68 degrees Fahrenheit, but, in our experience, the jersey can go into the 40s with a good base layer and arm warmers. If it's any colder, it's best to go with the Gabba in those conditions.
- A race jersey prepared for spring and fall conditions
- Gore Windstopper 150 front blocks wind without bulk
- Form-fitting cut provides great fit on the bike
- Thermal back repels water and breathes exceptionally
- Extended tail fends off chamois-soaking road spray
- Rear reflective logo helps visibility in low light
- 3 rear pockets keep food, money, and gear close at hand
View more Men's Short Sleeve Road Bike Jerseys
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.