LW 2 Bib Tight
Castelli has been expanding their collection of cycling tights to include options for just about any kind of cold weather conditions. At the same time, they've reported a drop in demand for 3/4 length knickers, so they fill that gap with the LW 2 Bib Tight. The LW stands for Light Winter, which is exactly the conditions these tights are made for. Castelli recommends them for a temperature range of 50 - 65-degrees Fahrenheit, which makes them an ideal option for cooler weather when you don't quite want or need heavy duty thermals.
The LW 2 Bib Tights are constructed using Castelli's signature Thermoflex brushed fabric on the upper portion to keep your thighs and sensitive areas warm. Considering that these tights are designed to be one step above a knicker as far as coverage goes, the lower leg is made of a non-insulated Lycra called Nano Flex Light. This is done to prevent overheating, while at the same time protecting your lower legs from road spray if conditions are a bit wet. Castelli omits ankle zippers to preserve the lightweight feel, but they put in their flagship Progetto X2 Air seamless seat insert which has one of the softest surfaces we've ever felt in a chamois.
- Cycling tights made for mild winter conditions
- Designed to be one step up from a 3/4 length knicker
- Thermoflex fabric on upper keeps your thighs and midsection warm
- Nano Flex on lower legs prevents overheating and repels water
- Anatomic cut is borrowed from the Free Aero Race Bib Shorts
- Progetto X2 Air chamois is supportive and comfortable
- Recommended for 50 - 65-degrees Fahrenheit