Catalyst Disc Rotor
SwissStop takes stopping things seriously, which has been apparent for years from their strong presence in brake pads, but their designers took it to the next level when designing the SwissStop Catalyst Disc Rotor. While normally we think of a catalyst as starting something, this product is built instead for stopping things with strength and stiffness beyond the brakes of the past.
SwissStop's engineers dumped massive amounts of research, development, and time into the creation of the Catalyst rotor. They started in early 2015 when they conducted a series of lab tests on brake rotors, followed by digital models to simulate heat and structure, and analysis of airflow. All of this technology might sound like overkill, but it landed them at their final design that outperforms the competition in nearly every measurable category from braking force when dry and wet to temperature and consumption rate. The rotors are constructed with an alloy spider that helps heat dissipate quickly and minimize weight, and steel rotors that stand up to sudden stopping needs at high speeds. SwissStop took special care to design the rotors without 90-degree angles, so they are accepted by the UCI for road competition.
- Swiss made rotors for exceptional stopping power
- Steel brake track can handle fast stops at high speed
- Aluminum spider minimizes weight and dissipates heat
- Lab tested for superior stopping in variable conditions
- Works with many pads, but optimized for SwissStop ExoTherm
- A stiff rotor that minimizes vibrations
- UCI approved for road competition
- Item #SUI000G
- Responsible Collection
- Organic Materials
- [brake track] SUS410 stainless steel, [spider] 7075-T6 aluminum
- Attachment Type
- sintered brake pads, organic brake pads
- 140mm, 160mm, 180mm, 203mm
- Claimed Weight
- [140mm] 3.9oz (110g), [160mm] 4.5oz (128g), [180mm] 5.5oz (156g), [203mm] 7oz (198g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.