Why We Like The GX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur
The SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur harmoniously shifts through all 12 gears of your Eagle drivetrain without noisy chain slap or annoying ghost shifts holding you back on the trail. Borrowing shifting technologies from its pricier XO1 sibling, the GX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur is a low-cost alternative that retains SRAM's X-Sync 14-tooth lower pulley system, X-Horizon parallelogram design, and Type 3 Roller Bearing Clutch. Best of all, it's fully compatible with Eagle XO1 and XX1 drivetrains, giving you an affordable replacement in case of a catastrophic crash.
Instead of its forged aluminum cage and titanium spring found on the XO1, the GX 12-Speed Rear Derailleur employs a traditional aluminum cage with a steel spring as a cost-conscious alternative without sacrificing durability, albeit with a minor weight penalty. Expanding on SRAM's signature technologies, the X-Sync 14-tooth lower pulley accommodates the larger 10 to 50-tooth cassette found on Eagle. For silent operation, the Type-3 Roller Bearing Clutch eliminates derailleur bounce and chain slap when you're rallying over punishing trails. Also, it packs SRAM's X-Horizon design, which limits horizontal derailleur movement that contributes to ghost shifting, as well as X-Actuation for precise shifts of your 1x drivetrain.
- Budget-friendly rear derailleur for Eagle drivetrains
- Compatible with all Eagle 1x12 drivetrains: GX, XO1, XX1
- Traditional aluminum cage and steel spring maintain durability
- Type-3 Roller Bearing Clutch eliminates noisy bounce and slap
- X-Sync 14-tooth lower pulley accommodates larger Eagle cassette
- X-Horizon design limits horizontal movement that causes ghost shifts
- X-Actuation makes for quick, precise shifts of your 1x drivetrain
- Cage lock allows for easier wheel removal and chain install
- Item #SRM00C7
- [cage] aluminum, [pulley, spring] steel
- Cassette Range
- 10 - 50t, 10 - 52t
- Eagle GX, Eagle XO1, Eagle XX1
- Claimed Weight
- 10.2oz (290g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
- mountain biking
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 24, 2022
The best value SRAM derailleur
- I've put it through the wringer
The GX 12 speed derailleur is the workhorse of the SRAM lineup. It offers great shifting performance, at an affordable price. The NX and SX derailleurs leave some to be desired in quality and performance. The X01 derailleur is lighter, but much more expensive. I recommend pairing a GX derailleur, and an X01 shifter. This is the best value for performance.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help