Inspired by the cobbles.
Knowing that Showers Pass named its Men's Spring Classic Jacket after the harshest series of races on the calendar should tell you something about what the brand equipped the jacket to handle. The pelting hail, sheets of rain, and incessant winds you've seen following your favorite pros across Europe in the spring are no match for the Spring Classic's three-layer eliteTM shell, which comes prepared to block out wind and rain without trapping heat like a greenhouse.
Showers Pass used the material in hardshell form on the front and back for the most protection, but switched to eliteTM softshell along the arms and sides to preserve the freedom of movement you'll need in the saddle. Showers Pass describes the jacket as following a race fit, but we'd lean more toward describing it as regular: well-tailored, but with plenty of room left over for a baselayer or jersey underneath. Wisely placed core vents and an aptly described "exhaust pipe" vent along the back of the jacket keep air moving, without causing the dreaded billowing effect that no kit-conscious cyclist wants.
Elastic at the waist and silicone along the drop hem help the rest of the jacket stay in place as you move around, and a lined collar adds a little touch of softness in unpleasant conditions. And in case the sun unexpectedly pushes the clouds aside mid-ride, the entire jacket stuffs into its own zippered rear pocket, so you can pack it up and get on your way.
- Take on Classics-level conditions in this capable jacket
- Pouring rain and strong gusts are no match for the fabric
- Tailored, regular cut accommodates jersey or baselayer
- Multiple vents prevent billowing fabric
- Wealth of reflective accents keep you visible from all angles
- Entire jacket packs away into its own rear pocket
View more Men's Jackets
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.