Why We Like The Shimano XT SM-RT86 Rotor
Shimano’s XT Brake Rotor, the SM-RT86, sets itself apart from Shimano’s lower-tier offerings through its use of an aluminum core to transfer heat away from the brake caliper. This, combined with the finned heat sinks in Shimano’s XT and XTR-level brake pads, combats heat-related brake fade. We appreciate this construction because it translates to consistent, reliable braking even on long descents.
- Workhorse brake rotor for XC, trail, and gravity use
- IceTech steel/aluminum sandwich dissipates heat
- Aluminum spider further contributes to heat management
- Item #SHI001B
- [rotor] steel, aluminum, [carrier] aluminum
- Attachment Type
- 160mm 180mm, 203mm
- Claimed Weight
- [203mm] 187g, [180mm] 154g, [160mm] 135g
- trail, enduro, cross-country
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
4.5 based on 111 ratings
Fits Slightly LargeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.