Why We Like The XT RD-M8000 Rear Derailleur
Bringing constant refinement to the 11-speed XT drivetrain, the Shimano XT RD-M8000 Rear Derailleur offers improved chain retention when you're riding across jarring, rock-strewn trails. Benefiting from trickle-down technology from the XTR group, This XT Deore derailleur utilizes Shadow RD+ technology keeps the chain from bouncing around with its handy stabilizer switch. The Shadow design is optimized for increased stability with its slanted position, allowing for silky-smooth shifting in every gear.
The XT's robust aluminum construction takes a serious beating without fuss, equating to worry-free confidence when you're rallying across technical terrain. In conjunction with a low-friction shift cable, Shimano claims shifting requires 20% less effort. Other key features include an easy-to-adjust chain stabilizer for effortless fine-tuning, as well as Direct Mount attachment with compatible frames for a stronger and lighter mount interface. As a bonus for riders with older frames not compatible with Direct Mount, the included link attaches in a conventional manner.
- Workhorse XT Deore 11-speed mountain derailleur
- Durable aluminum construction withstands trail abuse
- Shadow RD+ with stabilizer switch prevents dropped chains
- Direct-mount option with compatible frames (without link)
- Compatible with conventional derailleur attachment (with link)
- 11-speed rear derailleur: gs/medium 1x11, 2x11, sgs/long 1x11, 2x11, 3x11
- Item #SHI008G
- [medium] 39T, [long] 47T
- Cassette Range
- [medium] 42T (2x11), 46T (1x11), [long] 40T (3x11), 42T (2x11), 46T (1x11)
- [medium] 1x11, 2x11, [long] 1x11, 2x11, 3x11
- HG-X 11-speed chain
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 9.6oz (271g), [long] 9.7oz (275g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
- mountain biking
5 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
February 1, 2021
Using it with goat link, 11'34
- I've used it several times
- 5' 8"
I'm an older road racer and always looking to be fast and still be able to climb. On a race bike 53'39 front and now 11'34 rear. With the goat link, I haven't lost any speed and gained in climbing. Perfect! Using medium cage and can grow it to 11'40. All Shimano.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
May 8, 2021