Why We Like The Saint M820 Disc Brakes
The Saint M820 Disc Brakes may be the unsung heroes of Shimano's pro-proven DH groupset, having enjoyed success on the world stage since the prototype stage. In fact, Shimano's initial unveiling of the group was delayed slightly so the Japanese company could continue refining it according to the feedback from elite racers, and the result is a shorter Servo Wave arm that modulates better than its punchier predecessor, feeling more like the XTR lever and allowing for more finesse while tempering speed to ensure you carry precisely as much momentum into techy corners and rock gardens as you want.
For some, the Saint brake's key difference with the less expensive Zee — tool-free lever adjustment — is an unnecessary luxury; however, for everyone from pro downhillers to aggressive freeriders across the world, the ability to quickly dial stopping power is priceless. The brakes are finished with one-way bleeding for ease of servicing and ship with a reinforced brake hose that resists deforming to keep the brake feeling consistent throughout the run. The included brake levers are I-Spec B compatible.
- Shimano’s most powerful disc brake for downhill, freeride, and enduro
- Servo Wave increases power and reduces pad rub
- Refined Servo Wave action for better modulation and control
- Reshaped, textured lever for improved single-finger operation
- 4-piston caliper for consistently powerful braking on long descents
- Tool-free lever reach allows quick on-trail adjustments
- One-way bleeding for ease of servicing and clean bleeds
- Reinforced hose resists deforming for a consistent feel throughout the ride
- Item #SHI00B6
- I-Spec B compatible
- Lever Adjustability
- reach (tool free), free stroke
- hydraulic (Servo-Wave)
- 4-piston (dual diameter)
- Mount Type
- Shimano mineral oil
- not included
- 1 caliper, 1 brake hose, 1 lever, 1 bleed block, 1 barb and barb, 2 caliper mounting bolts, 1 rubber sleeve, 1 cable clip
- Claimed Weight
- [front, resin pad] 10.8oz (306g)
- downhill, freeride, enduro
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
December 1, 2023
- I've put it through the wringer
Love these brakes, have them on several of my bikes. Easy to install and they were pre-bleed. More brake than I need.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help