Shimano designs its Explorer PD-ES600 Pedals for the urban cyclists that will inevitably be clipping in and out with great frequency. Its light action spring tension along with a narrow release allows for easy entry and exit making the new rider feel more confident while seasoned riders will appreciate its adjustability. We were surprised to learn that the ES600 is the lightest SPD pedal in Shimano's lineup coming in at only 279 grams per pair, even lighter than its range-topping XTR model. This is mainly due to its single-sided binding which also gives it a clean look on lightweight commuting and road touring bikes. The ES600 pedals will work with any shoe that accepts 2-bolt SPD cleats, however, it's designed to match its RT line of road and city touring shoes.
- An urban and touring pedal with clean looks and a light binding
- At 279g a pair, its Shimano's lightest SPD pedal
- The single-sided design is sleek and lightweight
- Light entry with a narrow release is designed for city touring use
- Easy-to-adjust entry and release tension settings
- Designed to match Shimano's RT lineup of footwear