Why We Like The Centerlock to 6-Bolt Rotor Adapter
Shimano's Centerlock to 6-Bolt Disc Rotor Adapter is a pretty straightforward article. It slides onto the centerlock mount on your hubs, leaving an interface to mount a six-bolt rotor. It includes a six-bolt washer, a lockring, and a circle clip to secure the conversion, and a standard Shimano lockring tool is all you need to install it. It's a home mechanic's job, but note that each kit only adapts one centerlock hub, so you'll need two for an entire bike.
Please note that this kit is not compatible with most 2-piece rotor designs. These rotors typically feature an anodized black center carrier that is bolted to the steel outer rotor, and they can create clearance issues when used with this kit. Stick to one-piece rotors for optimal compatibility.
- Shimano's adapter converts a centerlock hub to house a six-bolt rotor
- Includes a six-ring bolt washer, a lockring, and a circle clip
- A standard Shimano lockring tool is all that's needed for installation
- Each kit only adapts one centerlock hub
- Not compatible with Shimano SM-RT86 (XT) or SM-RT76 (SLX) rotors
- Not compatible with most 2-piece rotor designs
- Item #SHI009S
- [conversion plate] steel, [lockring] alloy
- Attachment Type
- [hub] centerlock
- [rotor] 6-bolt
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years