105 ST-R7020 Hydraulic STI Shifter and Disc Brake Caliper
Receiving heaps of trickle-down technology from its Dura-Ace R9100 and Ultegra R8000 road components comes Shimano's all-new 105 ST-R7020 Hydraulic STI Shifter and Disc Brake Caliper. It possesses the same excellent shifting performance and powerful brakes that are oh so close to the top-tier offerings while swapping out some of the more exotic materials. While this results in a little bit of weight gain, it also saves a healthy amount of cash in the process.
The hoods receive refined ergonomics for more comfort and its reach adjustment has increased up to 15mm, providing better control by customizing the distance of the levers to the bars. These levers feature a redesigned internal shift mechanism that’s responsible for slimmer, more ergonomically shaped controls that mirror that of Ultegra R8000. This update also helps improve the quickness and lightness of the shifting, coming ever so close to that of DA and Ultegra. It's recommended pairing these dual control levers with R7000-series derailleurs for the best performance.
As impressive as the shift quality is, equally pleasing is the braking you'll experience from the included flat mount hydraulic disc calipers. Using earth-friendly mineral oil, the levers and calipers are compatible with Ice Technology pads and 140 or 160mm rotors (sold separately) to confidently scrub speed on the descents.
- 105 hydro brakes and mechanical shifting for self-sponsoring racers
- Power and modulation for control on the tarmac or gravel
- Lever ergonomics are improved over the previous generation
- Flat-mount caliper offers strong braking and improved heat dissipation
- Reach Adjustments of up to 15mm reach offers a customized setup
- Same light shifting operation as top-tier Ultegra and Dura-Ace
- Brakes come pre-bled, and future bleeds are easy and clean
- Rotors and brake adapters not included