Tallboy R Mountain Bike
Out of Stock
Don't worry though, we have a lot more All-Mountain & Trail in stock than that.Shop Similar Products
Why We Like The Tallboy R Mountain Bike
Though the Tallboy is short on travel, it's big on fun. We love hopping on this 120mm travel steed and ripping around our local trails, finding we can cover ground a lot quicker than a long-travel bike while still being able to tackle the gnarly trails. That's the beauty of the Tallboy. It pedals great for days with lots of uphill, but thanks to the capable VPP suspension and progressive geometry, we can really let it rip when the trail points downhill.
Like its longer travel siblings, the Tallboy uses Santa Cruz's lower-link VPP suspension platform, offering excellent traction through the rough stuff yet offering great support when we're hammering on the pedals. There are many variations of the Tallboy, and this particular bike uses a durable aluminum frame paired with Santa Cruz's "R" build kit. The R kit is on the more cost-friendly end of the spectrum, but features a reliable build that includes a SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain, FOX Float shock with Rhythm 34 fork, 4-piston Guide T brakes, and RaceFace wheels mounted with grippy Maxxis tires.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Santa Cruz's versatile short-travel 29er
- Durable aluminum frame is backed by a lifetime warranty
- 120mm of VPP rear travel offers great traction and support
- 130mm FOX Rhythm 34 fork eats up chunky terrain
- SRAM NX Eagle improves on SX Eagle, comes close to GX Eagle
- 65.5-degree head tube angle is stable and confident at speed
- Geometry is adjustable via flip-chip in the linkage
- Integrated frame protection in critical areas
- Item #SNZK1FK