Why We Like The MonoRail Platform Hitch Rack
You can forget about painstakingly loading your bike in the rear hatch when you outfit your vehicle with the RockyMounts MonoRail Platform Hitch Rack. This two-bike carrier conveniently mounts to either 1.25- or 2-inch receiver hitches, giving you the ability to mount it to your smaller car or large truck. For greater capacity on downhill shuttles and family outings, the 2-inch receiver version gives you the option for carrying a third bike with the MonoRail Single Bike Add-On (sold separately).
- Sturdy two-bike carrier available in 1.25in or 2in hitch
- Fits bikes with up to 29in wheels and 5in tires
- Maximum weight capacity of 120lbs for both bikes
- 3in of side-to-side adjustment for a proper fit
- Front wheel hook doesn't make frame contact
- Adjustable rear wheel strap for security
- Included bike-to-rack and rack-to-car locks
- Tilts down 30-degrees for access to rear of vehicle
- Item #RMO000R
- Bike Capacity
- 1.25in, 2in hitch receivers, 20 - 29in wheels, 36 - 50in wheelbases, tires up to 5in wide
- Locks Included
- integrated cable
- Part Number
- 10003, 10004
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
4 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
April 21, 2021
Great rack and great price
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I really like this rack. Assembly was easy took 15-20 minutes at most and is easy to install on your vehicle. I like that the hitch pin screw's in it makes the rack very stable. I'd give it a 5 star if the provided locks were metal. The casing is plastic and seems like it would be super easy to break. They sell metal locks which I purchased on the Rockymounts website. The locks are only $2.00 more each then the plastic locks. I wish they would raise the price $10 and provide the metal locks instead of the cheap plastic ones. If you buy one of these racks which I do recommend plan on buying 2 more metal locks at $20 a piece.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help