Clean lines and Scandinavian minimalism are hallmarks of POC aesthetics, and if your training drawer is looking a little more stretched, ragged, and sweat-stained than you remember after last year, the Fondo Men's Bib Short is a good place to start your upgrade. Inspired by POC's top-end racing kit, the Fondo occupies a price point more courteous to the self-sponsored cyclist, but it was built to withstand high weekly mileage totals.
POC constructs the Fondo using four supportive panels, half of what traditional bib shorts usually feature. With a stretchy but contoured nylon/elastane blend, the Fondo achieves a next-to-skin fit that requires fewer seams than traditional eight-panel designs. It also means that the short gives you ample freedom of movement in the saddle while helping to stabilize your muscles and wick moisture.
At the leg openings, partial silicone grippers hold hemlines in place as you stand and stretch out in the saddle, ensuring you don't spend the majority of your ride tugging your shorts back into place along your tan lines. POC cuts the bibs with a high waist, catering to riders who enjoy a supportive, rather than minimalist, girdle design. Along the inside, a Fondo chamois lines the short, providing a blend of plush, foam cushioning and slim, minimal seaming that will enable you to stay out for hours without inhibiting your range of motion in the saddle.
- High-mileage bib shorts for training and sportives
- Four panel construction reduces seams and irritation
- Endurance chamois maintains long-ride comfort
- High waist adds support across the belly
- Silicone grip maintains leg fit and keeps tan lines crisp
- Clean aesthetics define POC's Scandinavian sensibilities
View more Men's Bib Shorts
|Knuckle Circumference||6.3 - 6.7in
(16 - 17cm)
|6.7 - 7.5in
(17 - 19cm)
|6.7 - 8.3in
(17 - 21cm)
|6.7 - 9in
(17 - 23cm)
|8.7 - 9.5in
(22 - 24cm)
|Hand Length||5.5 - 6in
(14 - 15cm)
|6 - 6.7in
(15 - 17cm)
|6.7 - 7.5in
(17 - 19cm)
|7.5 - 8.3in
(19 - 21cm)
|8.3 - 8.7in
(21 - 22cm)
- This size table should be considered as a guide when choosing the right size of your POC gear.
- Measure underneath your arms around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Standing with your feet together, measure around the widest part of your thighs.
- Knuckle Circumference:
- Measure around your knuckles not including the thumb.
Reviews & Community
Perfect fit and function!!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
These bib shorts are the most comfortable I've owned, giving Castelli a run for their money! They look and feel great. In fact, I can't even feel the shoulder straps. They breathe and don't ride up on the leg at all. I may buy a few because I can see me wearing these exclusively.