Item # OLB001N
Ortlieb Back-Roller Pro Plus Panniers - Pair $249.95
Larger and stronger.
There are a couple of differences between Ortlieb's Back-Roller Pro Plus Panniers and the Back-Roller Classics. The biggest difference is the capacity; together, the classics have a 40L capacity, and the Pro Plus Panniers boast a staggering 70L storage. Ortlieb also updated the Back-Roller Pro Plus with a durable Cordura fabric treated to shed water spray from raindrops and splashes. There's also an additional exterior pocket that, although not waterproof, is perfect for sunscreen, water bottles, or storing wet things. Apart from those, this Pro Plus is identical to the Back-Roller Classic.
Both the Classic and Pro Plus models feature Ortlieb's innovative QL2.1 system that lets you mount and release each pannier with a simple pull of a handle. Each pannier automatically locks onto the rack the moment you mount it; it's compatible with 16mm racks, but Ortlieb includes hook inserts to fit 8, 10, and 12mm racks as well. The QL2.1 system also features a semi-elliptical hook at the bottom that you can adjust and rotate to fit your rack so the pannier doesn't bounce as much as regular panniers. Ortlieb also added 3M Scotchlite reflectors to further enhance the visibility needed to ride in low light.
- Pannier updated with a larger capacity for longer bike tours
- Roll-top and treated Cordura shed water spray and block dust
- QL2.1 system eases mounting and releasing off of most racks
- Adjustable, rotating bottom hook reduces abrasion and scratching
- Adjustable shoulder strap with padding can fix to hook
- 3M Scotchlite reflectors on both side for extra visibility
Claimed weights are provided by the vendor.
Have questions? Chat with a Gearhead