Back-Roller Pro Plus Panniers
Both the Classic and Pro Plus models feature Ortlieb's innovative QL2.1 system that lets you mount and release each pannier with a simple pull of a handle. Each pannier automatically locks onto the rack the moment you mount it; it's compatible with 16mm racks, but Ortlieb includes hook inserts to fit 8, 10, and 12mm racks as well. The QL2.1 system also features a semi-elliptical hook at the bottom that you can adjust and rotate to fit your rack so the pannier doesn't bounce as much as regular panniers. Ortlieb also added 3M Scotchlite reflectors to further enhance the visibility needed to ride in low light.
- Pannier updated with a larger capacity for longer bike tours
- Roll-top and treated Cordura shed water spray and block dust
- QL2.1 system eases mounting and releasing off of most racks
- Adjustable, rotating bottom hook reduces abrasion and scratching
- Adjustable shoulder strap with padding can fix to hook
- 3M Scotchlite reflectors on both side for extra visibility
- Item #OLB001N
- PU-laminate Cordura
- 70 + 8L (4759 + 488cu in)
- 1 external (not waterproof), 1 internal
- Number Included
- [rack diameter] 8, 10, 12, 16mm
- [H x W x D] 17.7 x 14.1 - 9.4 x 10.2in
- Claimed Weight
- 4lb 7oz (2009g)
- Recommended Use
- bike touring
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
5 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
June 6, 2021
Arguably the best panniers in the world
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Why are Ortliebs the most widely used panniers in the world? Okay, I get it now. This model comfortably holds a great deal of your gear, I consider them lightweight (particularly given their level of durability - I know of folks who have owned and used these for many happy years of cycle touring), being waterproof is a huge plus, they are well designed and fit pretty much any rear rack (and are adjustable), and they are easy to secure on to your rack, to remove them from your rack, and carry them around using their built-in handles. They're all I could ask for in panniers, including their reflective safety badge facing on-coming cars/trucks/buses. Totally sold on Ortlieb and now also own their bikepacking saddle and handlebar packs.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help