Protect your noggin, and your wallet.
Getting back into the swing of biking can be a pricey endeavor, full of overpriced gear that claims to shave weight, protect, or make you look cooler than the other gear. The Giro Vasona MIPS Helmet is there for those who have had enough with the gimmicks, and want solid protection that doesn't break the bank. It uses lightweight construction, and is loaded up with MIPS technology that you'd find in higher-end options, but opts for a more economical construction, and a one-size-fits-all approach to shave down the price for entry-level riders and seasoned veterans looking for a new helmet that won't break the bank.
The Vasona helmet is constructed with a polycarbonate hardshell that's constructed using in-mold technology with an impact absorbing EPS liner to soak up the energy from crashes, or your friend's wicked bushwhack when you're riding a little too close around a wooded corner. It features MIPS technology, short for Multi Directional Impact Protection, which rotates freely inside of the helmet to help dissipate and absorb hits from odd directions that could cause your head to bounce or twist. Against your noggin is quick-drying padding that pulls away the sweat, and a RocLoc Sport MIPS system —Giro's easy-to-dial fit adjustment, so you can get things secured in place with ease, even when wearing riding gloves. The helmet features 22 vents to keep you cool when the day brings on the heat wave, and reflective details to help you be seen when your ride takes a turn for the road.
- A budget-friendly helmet with loaded technology
- In-mold polycarbonate provides hardshell protection
- Impacts are absorbed and dissipate with EPS liner
- MIPS technology helps reduce rotational forces in a crash
- 22 vents let your noggin breathe on the warm days
- Adjustable back dials in for the perfect fit
- Be seen if your ride takes to road with reflective accents
- Visor is adjustable and removable