SES 2.2 Wheelset
Built specifically to help pro teams conquer the giant mountains of The Tour, these featherweight wheels are now available to all of us whether we're attacking the European peloton or trying to eke out those last few seconds to conquer that coveted local KOM. While the lightweight and slim profile helps ascend to the top of the passes, mountain roads bring with them a special set of specifications and necessary robustness in braking capabilities for the descent. ENVE's molded-in brake track paired with their ENVE Black Brake Pads also makes for more consistent braking across both wet and dry conditions. When you're dropping through switchbacks into an rain, it's reassuring to know you can trust the braking surface to do what it's supposed to do and get you to the valley floor safely. Each wheelset is accompanied by two sets of ENVE black brake pads to get the most out of your riding experience.
Even with the 2.2 diverging slightly from its usual profile, ENVE stays true to its Smart system to create a strong, stable wheel for any conditions. A patented process of molding in-spoke holes, nipple seats, and valve stem holes is largely responsible for ENVE wheels' proven reputation of having one of the highest strength-to-weight ratios in the industry. ENVE routes the carbon fibers around each hole to maintain continuous fiber integrity, which results in both increased rim rigidity and lower weight at the spoke face.
- Lightweight tubular wheels to conquer the climbs
- 25mm rim depth won't get caught up in crosswinds
- 18.5mm internal width optimized for 25mm tires
- Carbon fiber construction ensures a stiff and responsive ride
- ENVE's redesigned brake track for predictable speed control
- Lifetime incident protection covers mishaps on or off the bike
- Item #ENV001U
- Rim Material
- carbon fiber
- Wheel Size
- Rim Depth
- Rim Width
- [internal] 18.5mm, [external] 27mm
- Brake Compatibility
- DT Swiss 240, Chris King R45
- Spoke Count
- [front] 20, [rear] 24
- Claimed Weight
- [rim] 281 g, [built weight - pair] 1,225 g
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 5 years, lifetime incident protection
- 2 skewers, 4 brake pads, 1 zippered Bag
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help