Easton Cycling initially made its name by producing competition-grade alloys, and â€” when carbon first became a viable option for performance enhancement â€” the company demonstrated its innovative nous to become one of the leading pioneers in the synthetic field. The EC90 SLX Handlebar represents the culmination of a tradition of development innovative cycling products that, in reality, are just a hell of a lot of fun to ride. While Easton manufactures a few aerodynamic models, the EC90 SLX is myopically focused on reducing weight. And it does a smashing job of it.
The EC90 SLX isn't the absolute lightest bar we've seen, but the bars that beat it on the scale typically sacrifice reach and drop. These dimensions have already taken a pretty significant hit from the ergo trend, and those of us on frames larger than 50cm will definitely appreciate the extra millimeters of real estate, even if it comes with a 15g penalty. Given its dimensions and weight, the EC90 SLX is one of the lightest models on the market, and the fact that it does so while dropping almost $100 off the typical price for bars in this class definitely helps make up the difference. Finally, the MCD shape and TaperWall technologies let Easton hit weight targets while still modelling recesses for cable routing.
- Easton's lightest road handlebar to-date
- Unidirectional carbon results in a bar with high strength-to-weight ratio
- MCD shape technology maximizes comfort in the drops
- Taperwall technology reduces weight while maintaining strength
- Intelligent Flexibility offers the right amount of vibration damping
- Compatible with Di2 bar end junction box, internal cable routing for clean look