Why We Like The Ragnarok MTN Cycling Shoe
Whether we're pedaling through snow-crusted singletrack on the cusp of early winter, or making your commute on a bitter morning with drenched roads, the 45NRTH Ragnarok MTN Shoe keeps your feet warm and dry in mild to moderate winter conditions. It's not an insulated fatbiking boot, though you could use them for fatbiking if you're wearing the appropriate kit. Instead, it's a performance cycling shoe that's highly weather-resistant, making your rides more enjoyable when it's cold and wet outside.
The Ragnarok uppers are constructed of a tough microfiber material paired with a neoprene ankle cuff to keep out the elements, and feature Tec Tuff reinforcements on the toe and heel that resist abrasion. A waterproof breathable membrane stops liquid from the outside, but allows vapor to be released from the inside. This ensures your feet stay comfortable during more intense efforts. Please note that despite having the waterproof membrane, the shoes themselves are not 100% waterproof as moisture could still slip in at the ankle. For extremely wet conditions, 45NRTH recommends covering the ankle with waterproof cycling pants for the best level of protection.
The uppers are joined to a reinforced nylon sole for efficient power transfer to the pedals, and feature a rubber outsole that's infused with microscopic glass fibers to increase traction on slippery surfaces. The closure system is a micro-adjustable Boa dial that makes it easy to find the perfect fit. Lastly, the shoes are compatible with 2-bolt cleats only, and are recommended for temperatures as cold as 25-degrees Fahrenheit per 45NRTH.
- Performance cycling shoes for cold & wet conditions
- Windproof & highly water-resistant to keep feet warm & dry
- Neoprene ankle cuff lends extra protection from the elements
- Durable uppers with reinforced toe & heel are made to last
- Reinforced nylon sole provides efficient power transfer
- Outsole with micro-glass filaments finds grip on slick surfaces
- Micro-adjustable Boa closure for dialing in the perfect fit
- Compatible with toe spikes for an extra boost of traction
- Item #NRH000F
- Upper Material
- microfiber with waterproof breathable membrane, neoprene ankle, Tec Tuff toe & heel
- Boa IP1 dial
- fiberglass-injected nylon
- rubber with anti-slip micro-glass filament lugs
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [single, size 42] 15.6oz (441g)
- cycling, fat biking, mountain biking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years