Why We Like The Yeti SB120 T3 X01 Eagle AXS Mountain Bike
For riders who want a little XC inspiration in their trail bike, the SB120 T3 X01 Eagle AXS Mountain Bike is the perfect fit. 120mm of rear travel is powered by Yeti's Switch Infinity linkage design which helps the rear tire maintain traction on techy terrain, and provides an ultra-efficient climbing feel. Yeti revamped their Switch Infinity linkage by strengthening it throughout, and they also made it a little easier to maintain. The SB120 rolls on 29in wheels because they provide roll-over capabilities for awkward rock rolls and they also carry their momentum for efficiency. With a 66.5-degree head tube angle, the SB120 has reactive steering for navigating tight switchbacks, while the 76.5-degree seat tube angle provides a comfortable climbing position.
This T3 build receives top-tier components nearly across the board, starting off with Yeti's lightest and stiffest TURQ carbon frame construction. Yeti outfits the drivetrain with XX1 and X01 components from SRAM, including an XX1 Eagle AXS derailleur and shifter which supply instant shifting and longer maintenance intervals. We love to see alloy DT Swiss XM1700 wheels on this build because they're super durable and make room in the budget for top-tier suspension components. A Fox Factory 34 GRIP2 fork up front delivers 130mm of travel for just enough descending capability and plenty of support for burly climbs. Out back, the Fox Factory Float DPS delivers top-tier performance and a wide range of adjustments for fine-tuning the suspension for specific terrain. This SB120 build is a great option for trail riders who want to log lots of vert and mileage, and even compete in the occasional cross-country race.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- XC-inspired trail bike ready for huge days in the saddle
- 120mm of Switch Infinity travel generates tons of rear wheel traction
- Fox Factory 34 GRIP2 fork with 130mm of travel is nimble and forgiving
- 29in wheels provide enhanced rollover capabilities for rock steps
- SRAM X01/XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain delivers instant electronic shifting
- DT Swiss XM1700 alloy wheels are durable and vibration damping
- SRAM G2 RSC brakes are lightweight and provide great modulation
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes it easier to find replacement hangers
- Item #YTIR1G6