Why We Like The RidgeBack 5
Save yourself the puzzle-master hassle of packing five bikes into the car with the Yakima RidgeBack 5 Bike Rack. It comes fully assembled, so it's far easier to figure out than the six-million-piece jigsaw that's packing the whole family's bikes into the hatch, and tilts back (or folds flat) via the UpperHand lever to provide easy access to the back of your vehicle and all your carefully stashed snacks.
- Fully-featured hitch rack for hassle-free transport of 5 bikes
- UpperHand control lever tilts rack to easily access your trunk
- Comes fully assembled with no bits and pieces to lose track of
- Tool-free SpeedKnob locks the rack to the car quickly and easily
- ZipStrips secure bikes to the rack and are fully removable
- Padded arms and anti-sway cradles help prevent damage
- Yakima signature bottle opener lets you enjoy a cold one post-ride
- Item #YAK001X
- Bike Capacity
- 1.25in receiver, 2in receiver
- Part Number
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
2 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
May 26, 2021
Shocked at how low quality this is...
- I returned this product before using it
Just took it out of the box and I can confirm a couple of complaints i saw on other reviews: 1. The logo is a sticker...as in something applied by a 5 year old. It doesn?t affect the rack it self...but what a poor/cheap look to a piece of equipment that?s supposed to be of good quality. Embarrassing. 2. Purchased the 5 to use 4...as the cradles are far too close. A frequent and stupid design flaw that just damages everything... According to Yakima you can remove a cradle to make the distance what it should be in the first place... Wrong. There?s a ?guide screw? on each cradle...and without it...they are far too loose. Which means you have to jam bikes on a pathetic 4-5? apart. I debated between a Thule and two Yakima?s...deciding to go ?better? with the ridgeback 5 over the more ?economy? backroad 4 I?m a firm believer that you get what you pay for...this model doesn?t meet the quality of its price. Probably need to return it...despite the hassle. No sense investing in a rack that will look destroyed and destroy your bikes after the first trip.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help