Take the high road.
If you've been dreaming of long, empty stretches of ribboning tarmac all week long, you know what to do when Friday afternoon rolls around. Pack your bags and throw your road bike on the roof with the Yakima HighRoad Upright Bike Mount holding it close, and get out of town. As Yakima's latest addition to its upright mount family, the HighRoad comes with the same user-friendly attitude as the rest of the brand's mounts. Its adjustable hoop and cradle adjust to fit anything from your road racing frame to your trail bike with minimal effort, and it attaches to most roof racks currently on the market with a simple, tool-free design.
- Transport your two-wheeled baby safely and securely
- TorqueRight knob adjusts hoop to fit different sized bikes
- Rack accommodates 26-29 inch tires and 23mm to 3.25 in tires
- Design is low-profile enough to not affect hatch use
- Contact-free design won't damage carbon frames
- Integrated locks bring peace of mind
View more Roof Rack Bike Mounts
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have only used it on bikes with 700C wheels but it will fit fat tire bikes and 26" wheels.
I had a problem with my old rack that held the bikes by the front fork. The vintage bikes don't have safety tabs to hold the fork in, and on some long trip (800 miles) the fork vibrated loose from the fork mount. This rack holds the bike by the front tire and feels very secure, I don't think that this will have the same problems. I have used this rack about 10 times so far but have only gone 5-6 mile per trip.
It is really easy to setup and use.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The install on the Yakima HighRoad Upright Bike Mount literally takes 5 minutes out of the box which is utterly brilliant!
This fits 26" to 29" wheels with tire widths up to 3.25" so it is super versatile and can definitely meet your demands and needs if you have a couple of different rides!
Lastly worth noting and reiterating that the SKS locks are sold separately. Thanks!