Rutland 650 Tire
Your plans for the day may start with a quick pavement roll, but from there anything is fair game, which means you need your steed to be prepared for all levels of adventure with a versatile tire like the Teravail Rutland 650 Tire. This jack-of-all-trades rubber features large tightly spaced center lugs for exceptional grip, with ramping on the front side to keep rolling resistance at a minimum when you're booking it through a firmer straightaway. Transition lugs are spaced out to help boost mud shed when things get a little sloppy, and feature siping that allows the lugs to conform to terrain for grater traction in slower turns. Beefy side lugs are staggered to elevate your control when you're booking it into turns at high speed, and feature wide spacing ideal for control in the mud, and mudshed.
Teravail offers the Rutland in two different casings — the Durable Bead-to-Bead, and Light-and-Supple, aptly named for their riding characteristics. The Durable Bead-to-Bead casing offers protection from bead to bead, with robust woven nylon composite between the outer rubber and inner casing, within the sidewalls, as well as tread, preventing tears and abrasions in rough terrain. Additionally, a second tightly woven layer of protection is added under the tread to protect from punctures. Conversely, the Light and Supple offers the basics when puncture protection is less critical, with decreased weight, and an extra-supple feel at lower pressures, elevating comfort while you ride.
- Versatile tires that are eager for the road less traveled
- Tight center lugs are ramped for quick-rolling
- Siped transition lugs grip terrain in slow corners
- Beefy lugs on the outside grip in mud and speed
- Light and Supple casing for featherweight build
- Extra protection offered with Durable casing option
- Lofty 38mm or 42mm sizes allow for lower tire pressure to boost traction