X01 Eagle DUB Crankset - SuperBoost 157
Style & Size:
X01 Eagle DUB Crankset
Standing for Durable Unified Bottom Bracket, or DUB for short, SRAM's latest push forward in crankset technology unifies all major bottom bracket standards under a newly introduced spindle diameter of 28.99 millimeters, versus the previous 30 and 24-millimeter spindles used by SRAM. What that means is this trail and enduro-friendly XO1 Eagle DUB Crankset is compatible with virtually any mountain bike, regardless if your frame uses an English threaded, PressFit, BB30, or PF30 bottom bracket.
Okay, so we can already imagine the groans of yet another newly introduced standard in the mountain bike world, but before you click away, just hear us out. By focusing first on bearing longevity and sealing, then designing the spindle diameter to meet these needs, SRAM was able to engineer a new crankset that's every bit as light and stiff as those with 30-millimeter spindles, but one that provides the increased bearing durability of systems with 24-millimeter spindles. It's really a simple concept and one that elevates SRAM's Eagle DUB Cranksets to the top of the market with their optimal mix of lightweight efficiency, stiff pedaling, and robust durability across all twelve gears.
Because you don't need to get a new bike or major components to run Eagle DUB Cranks, it doesn't feel so much like a newly imposed standard, but more like the next step in SRAM's continuously evolving line-up of drivetrain components. Of course, you will have to purchase a new DUB-specific bottom bracket for this crankset to work, but it's really a small compromise considering the system's ideal blend of lightweight performance and bearing longevity. And though SRAM tried to best accommodate every major bottom bracket standard, there were two types that aren't compatible, including frames with SuperBoost rear ends, as well as thoses using Cannondale's BB30ai standard.
Outside of this DUB standard, the XO1 Eagle DUB Crankset is ideal for aggressive trail and enduro riding disciplines with its Carbon Tuned lay-up, which is built stiff enough to maximize energy transfer without sacrificing overall toughness when you thrash and bash it across a gnarly rock gardens. It's one of the lightest cranks in SRAM's line at a paltry 471 grams, only surpassed in gram-counting efficiency by the cross-country favorite XX1 Eagle Dub Crankset (when combined with DUB bottom bracket).
- SRAM's XO1 Eagle all-mountain crank with DUB 28.99mm spindle
- Works with major BBs: BSA/English/threaded, Press Fit, BB30, PF30
- SRAM designed DUB Cranks to improve bearing durability and sealing
- Bearing life of 24mm systems, light and stiffness of 30mm systems
- Carbon Tuned crank arms for stiffness and lightweight efficiency
- Compatible with Eagle 12-speed drivetrain components
- Designed for 12 x 157mm Super Boost hub spacing
- DUB bottom bracket must be purchased separately
- Item #SRM00G7
- Arm Material
- carbon fiber
- Arm Length
- 170, 175mm
- Chainring Sizes
- direct mount
- BB Type
- BSA/Threaded/English, Pressfit, BB30, PF30
- SRAM DUB (28.99mm diameter)
- Q Factor
- Compatible Components
- SRAM DUB bottom bracket, SRAM Eagle 12-speed drivetrain components (e.g. chain, cassette, etc...)
- 2 pedal washers, 2 crank boots
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 1oz (483g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years