Why We Like The Code R Disc Brake
For years, SRAM's Code brakes were the go-to for everyone from recreational shuttle lappers to competitive gravity nuts. The latest generation of Code R Disc Brakes doesn't change the reason why; instead, it reinforces it by adopting the same cam mechanism that made the Guide models such big hits among the all-mountain crowd. The cam's excellent modulation is paired with a larger reservoir and pistons in order to increase stopping power for applications that need it—think gravity rigs, e-bikes, and anything else where weight isn't a consideration. The reworked Code R is a big brake for big rigs.
- Hydraulic brakes for heavy-duty needs like gravity and e-bikes
- Cam mechanism bites fast but modulates after engaging
- Larger pistons increase stopping power
- Expanded reservoir maintains consistent braking
- Heat management features reduce fade
- Easy bleed operation makes for simple maintenance
- Adjustable bite and reach tailor to your tastes
- Encourages reduced cockpit clutter by integrating with MatchMaker components
- Item #SRM00BS
- Lever Adjustability
- Caliper Adjustability
- Mount Type
- [caliper] post, [lever] standard or moto
- DOT 5.1
- CenterLine (not included)
- Rotor Size
- 160mm, 170mm, 180mm, 200mm
- Claimed Weight
- [front/left] 11.9oz (337g)
- downhill, enduro, e-bike
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
4 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
May 8, 2022
- I've used it several times
Im so stoke so much faster knowing i can stop when i need to
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
December 16, 2021
Regarding the Front Sram Code R? Is this fully assembled already, with the hose bled and ready to be installed on the bike? Or do I need to assemble and bleed it myself? Thank you.
March 23, 2021
whats in the box
November 21, 2020