Why We Like The Specialized Tactic 4 MIPS Helmet
The Specialized Tactic 4 MIPS Helmet is built with the perfect combination of comfort, ventilation, and protection for days full of technical singletrack and enduro riding. Thanks to the Integrated Fit System, we can dial in a personalized fit no matter what head shape we have, and the Computational Fluid Dynamic design ensures we get maximum airflow moving through the massive vents so that that heat is drawn away from our head at every speed. And although we hope that no ride ends in a crash, the MIPS Evolve system is integrated into the helmet to lower the amount of energy transferred to our brain in the event of an accident.
- High-coverage half-lid built for technical trail and enduro riding
- 4D brow cooling draws maximum airflow into internal air channels
- MIPS Evolve system provides protection against rotational forces
- Earned the highest 5-Star Virginia Tech Helmet Rating
- Integrated fit system allows for a personalized, secure fit
- Eyewear channels stow away sunglasses securely below visor
- Certified for use on e-MTB's
- Item #SCQ1WUS
- Shell Material
- Impact Management
- Mips Evolve
- Computational Fluid Dynamic design, 4D brow cooling
- Fit Adjustment
- Integrated Fit System
- integrated fixed visor
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older, NTA 8776
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 13.4oz (380g)
- trail, enduro
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
January 28, 2022
best protection rating... (currently)
- I've used it several times
fwiw this helmet currently has the best score from the Virginia Tech helmet testing lab of all the MTB helmets they've tested (and they've tested a lot). their tests ... "Our bicycle helmet impact tests evaluate a helmet's ability to reduce linear acceleration and rotational velocity of the head resulting from a range of impacts a cyclist might experience." This is a highly respected testing lab. They also test helmets for other sports like Hockey, Football, etc.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help