XT CN-M8100 Chain
Cassettes and derailleurs often get all of the credit. What we mean is, when Shimano launched its new 12-speed group, the eye-catching 11 - 51t cassette and lofty rear derailleur got all of the attention, while the chain remained an afterthought to most viewers. We're here to sing the chain's praise, because without Shimano's new XT CN-M8100 Chain we just wouldn't be going anywhere in a hurry. Shimano's new CN-M8100 chain features Dynamic Chain Engagement Technology (or DCE+ for short). This consists of an extended inner link plate of the chain that connects seamlessly with Shimano's new chainring tooth profiles, offering better chain retention, and smoother, quieter pedaling than ever before. The new design reduces natural vibrations that normally are caused by the inner and outer chain-plates rolling onto the chainring, all the while providing stronger contact between the two components. The result? Fewer dropped chains, and a quieter ride when you're putting down the power. While the chain itself has changed completely in its profile, one thing that thankfully has stayed the same is Shimano's SIL-TEC treatment. SIL-TEC provides an anti-friction coating which allows the plates to freely pivot around derailleur pulleys, cogs, and chainrings for a ridiculously smooth ride feel.
- Spin into Shimano's future with the new XT chain
- DCE+ link plate connects securely to new XT chainrings
- New link plates make for better chain retention, quieter ride
- SIL-TEC anti-friction treatment allows plates to freely pivot
- Aims to reduce shift times, and pedaling shock
- Quick-link makes chain placement simple
- Compatible with Shimano's 12-speed drivetrains
- Chain is non-reusable, so give yourself a refresh if you're swapping parts to a new bike
- Item #SHIU188
- zinc-alloy, steel, SIL-TEC coated
- 138, 126
- Compatible Components
- Shimano XT 8100 series components
- Claimed Weight
- [uncut] 8.9oz (252g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help