Why We Like The XM9 Cycling Shoe
If you're lucky enough to be stocking up on gear for your next bikepacking trip or tour, Shimano's XM9 Cycling Shoes make a strong case as the shoes you should take along with you on your adventures. Shimano constructs the XM9 with a durable nubuck leather upper, backed by a reinforced rubber toe box and padded ankle cuff reminiscent of your most rugged pair of hiking shoes to withstand all of the rocks and trail debris you're likely to encounter.
Inside, Gore-Tex's breathable Performance Comfort lining means your feet stay completely dry while you're wearing the shoes in rainy or muddy trail conditions. Shimano adds EVA foam to the midsole to provide some shock-absorption as you're hiking or breaking down camp, while a half-length plate with a stiffness of three out of 12 on Shimano's stiffness scale accommodates two-bolt mountain cleats, lending the shoes their distinction as part hiking boot, part mountain bike shoe. Finally, the lugged Vibram outsole works to give you ample traction and stability as you walk with your bike along on aggressive trails.
- Hybrid cycling shoes for bike adventuring in any conditions
- Gore-Tex liner provides waterproof, breathable protection
- Nubuck leather with reinforced rubber adds durability
- Strategic ankle padding prevents debris from getting in
- Shock-absorbing EVA midsole and shank plate bolster support
- Vibram rubber outsole offers superior grip
- Mini Power Strap closure locks down heel with 360-degree hold
- Item #SHI00A5
- Upper Material
- nubuck leather
- GORE-TEX Performance Comfort
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [size 40] 2lb 5.7oz (1070g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- mountain biking
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help